Latest QuickQuote Updates
We’re always working to improve QuickQuote to make it an even more powerful tool for our customers. Below you can find a list of our most recent updates to the software. Customers with a current updates subscription can log in and download these new features and improvements at no extra charge.
12/20/16 – Version 4.0.2
What’s New In Version 4.0.2
- You can now view the images of slabs directly in the inventory list without having to click on an individual slab. Just hit the checkbox to turn the images on or off.
- You can now search the slab list using multiple criteria at once by clicking on the magnifying glass icon, or if you type something into the find field it will search all fields for the text you enter, including width/height/thickness.
- We have updated the Import/Export to Excel options in the utilities so that you no longer need to have a version of Microsoft Office installed in order to import/export from/to Excel.
- You can now configure the page settings when printing the schedule and save those settings for future use
- The edit window for activities on the calendar will now display the last time it was updated
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.2
- Fixed calendar not loading when schedule is configured to hide holidays
- Fixed error thrown when importing slabs from Excel
- Fixed calendar printing wider than the selected page size
- Fixed activities still appearing to be on the calendar without a refresh even though they have been deleted
- Fixed error deleting an activity from the edit window
- Reduced lag on dragging/resizing activities on the calendar
- Fixed Cancel button not appearing on activity edit window
- Fixed error saving a quote when one tab has slabs and another tab does not
- Fixed error when adding a slab to a quote that was only a general color group rather than a specific color
- Changed “Some countertops do not have pricing available” error message to be clearer about the problem so it now lists what countertops/slabs do not fit the product’s available price levels
8/3/16 – Version 4.0.1
What’s New In Version 4.0.1
Transfer to QuickBooks Online
- QuickQuote can now transfer quotes/orders to QuickBooks Online in addition to QuickBooks’ desktop accounting software. You can send quotes over as estimates or invoices.
- To set QuickQuote to transfer to QuickBooks Online instead of QuickBooks desktop, go to your Edit Company Information utility and switch the Accounting Software setting. Then you can transfer to QuickBooks Online by switching the quote status to “Order” and clicking the QuickBooks button just like with the desktop software transfer. The first time you do this, you will be required to connect to your QuickBooks Online account and authorize QuickQuote to access your company file.
What’s Changed In Version 4.0.1
- Changed shape defaults list to include the two modified U shapes
- Changed program shape defaults so that all sides that defaulted to “Cap” will now default to”Wall” instead. This will not affect shape defaults set by the user.
- Changed Week button to show week starting with Monday instead of Sunday
- Fixed an issue with the calendar updating twice in a row that could cause some activities to move timeslots
- Fixed issue with calendar not being able to be printed multiple times in a row
- Fixed issue displaying activities list for existing quotes in the schedule window
- Fixed map location not updating to reflect user selection
- Fixed route with only one stop not mapping that location
- Fixed Day/Week buttons on schedule not updating to reflect current calendar selections
- Fixed error on Day/Week/Month button click without an existing date selection
- Fixed issue where calendar did not display activities after a certain date on Week button click
- Fixed customer not automatically being selected when created with <Add New> from the drop down
- Fixed image of corner on Angled L (Dogleg) shape not appearing in proper orientation in the dimension entry window
- Fixed issue where List Total did not display historical price on quote load
- Fixed slab image overlapping buttons in the Add/Edit slab window
- Fixed sink selection not always triggering price level category
- Fixed tax selection being lost when re-loading a quote
- Fixed sizing for Add A New Product button so that text should not overlap image
4/13/16 – Version 4.0
What’s New in Version 4.0
UAC Compliance and .Net 4.0
- QuickQuote has been upgraded to bring it in line with more modern versions of Windows. This means it is now running on the .Net 4.0 Framework, and all of your local data has been moved to C:\ProgramData\Crystallyne\QuickQuote so you won’t have to worry about those pesky virtual folders anymore.
***Note to System Administrators: QuickQuote will now run “AsInvoker”, so adjust your permissions accordingly***
Changes to Images
- Color, Edge, Product, and Sink Images will now be stored on your server so they only need to be set once from now on.
***Note to system administrators: make sure to give users full access to the new folders.***
- QuickQuote will now accept .jpg, .gif, and .png files as images in addition to .bmp files.
- The Customize Products utilities have all been completely overhauled. We hope this makes them much more intuitive so that you can make pricing changes faster and easier.
- You can now delete more than one item at a time by selecting them all in the grid before hitting the delete button.
- We’ve added a field that allows you to specify what Item Name an edge, premiums, service, sink, and/or splash will use when transferring to QuickBooks instead of using their QuickQuote item code.
- Splashes have a new field for their default height
- You can now set the image for an item before you save it the first time.
- We’ve added utilities to backup and restore your data.
- We’ve also upgraded the schedule calendar. This should eliminate many of the weird sizing problems you may have experienced when adding activities.
- Previously, the popup window contained a button to map the location of an activity, this has been moved to a menu when you right-click the activity.
- Also in the right-click menu is an option to add the activity to a route. Once you have all the activities on a route, click to show the route and you can send all the locations to the Google at once to map the entire route.
Slab Labels & Barcodes
- You can now print labels for the slabs in the Inventory section. These labels can be pure text, or they can include a Code 128 1D barcode or even a QR Code!
New Drawing Options
- We’ve added two new premium item types called “Radius Corner Notch” and “Notched Corner”. These allow you to draw notches by selecting them from the drop down on the shape instead of having to use a Banjo Cut.
- There’s now an option to turn on the rulers for the main drawing area in the Drawing menu.
- CTRL+Z, CTRL+Y have been activated for Undo/Redo in the drawing area. Keep in mind these only affect drawing window and not the countertop items themselves.
New Pricing Methods
- There are two new pricing methods available for products for pricing slabs.
- They are “Slab + Square Foot of Countertop” and “Slab + Square Meter of Countertop”. Unlike the traditional slab pricing methods, these will return a set price for the entire slab at that Price Level rather than being per square foot or per square meter.
- The original slab pricing methods have been renamed accordingly to “Square Foot of Slab + Square Foot of Countertop” and “Square Meter of Slab + Square Meter of Countertop”.
- The “Tabular” method has been renamed to “Piece/Blank”.
- The color selection window has been upgraded to open faster.
- If the product is set to display color images, they will now draw at 100×100 to be easier to see, and they will appear for both stock and non-stock colors if they exist.
- The search bar is now available to search both the stock and non-stock lists for a color.
- We can now customize printouts to show the color swatch and/or Tab Name.
- When entering corner dimensions, images of the corner will rotate to the same orientation of the corner selected.
- The product picture/label and the edge picture/label in the corner of the drawing area will disappear on mouseover so that it does not impact your ability to select or drag things.